In the beginning God purposed marriage for:
1. Multiplication through child-bearing;
2. Multiplication through conquering the earth and accomplishing great things;
- for child-bearing He created sex and gave us His blessing, (sex has other purposes too, a post for another day);
- for conquering the earth He gave us His blessing as well.
Together as husband and wife, we are meant to have children and do significant things, with our Heavenly Father’s blessing.
Genesis 1:27-28 NIV
 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.  God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground. ”
Genesis 2:24 NIV
 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
3. Another purpose of marriage is to transform us so we become more like Jesus.
Marriage mirrors the ultimate union of Christ and the church.
Loved Wife, Respected Husband